1. It can be controlled remotely by most popular software tools like MATLAB, LabView, or Python
Device functionalities and data can be accessed through Matlab, Labview, Scilab, and Python API’s. The time to develop new applications is short thanks to the intuitive software design, many useful examples, and detailed documentation. Here's a more detailed description of each tool with examples:
2. It runs WEB based applications, so it works with Windows, MAC, or Linux PC and is easy to use
STEMlab is with its 50 MHz of frequency range and 14 bits of resolution a very powerful and precise multifunction measurement device that can replace a stack of lab instruments. It is very compact, portable, and ethernet/wifi connectivity allows you to do measurements remotely.
STEMlab will transform your PC, tablet, or phone into an easy to use:
2 Ch. oscilloscope
2 Ch. signal generator
8 Ch. logic analyzer
Vector network analyzer
All the above applications are web-based and can be remotely controlled.
3. It decreases the overall costs of teaching tools
Red Pitaya's STEMlab kits are very accessible to start with, but we also offer a special discount for academic members. Furthermore, students will use Red Pitaya for 3-4 years on average, and we are proud to say that the cost of Red Pitaya per student comes down to an insane €40 per year. That's less than the cost of photocopying one book!
4. Comes with open-source software that is free and doesn't require any licensing or hidden fees
The platform software is Open Source and available on Github. STEMlab seems like the right choice with its remote access over the WEB interface, making it possible to connect to a Red Pitaya within minutes. Several applications are available for free and lectures are already available so professors can save time and energy.
5. Lots of step-by-step instructional videos, teaching lessons, and examples available for free
Since universities around the world are dealing with a "new normal", professors need something that will make teaching in the new semester easier for them! Prepare yourself and access free teaching materials HERE.